Funny Camping Pranks
Funny Camping Pranks - Just For You
What do you do when you and your buddies run out of things to do in the wilderness? That's right, you play funny pranks on each other. And when someone pulls a prank on you, you have to prank them back. So for your benefit, I have included the best pranks that I know, plus a few I have heard of, to make your revenge a little bit sweeter.
Before you start reading this, make sure that you know the person you are going to prank is not an overly sensitive individual. They may not decide to go camping with you again if you hurt their feelings to badly. It's better to have a friend then have one laugh.
You ready for this?
If you put your mind to it, there are hundreds of pranks that you can play on people. Some require time and planning while others can be done as soon as they are asleep. Here are a few that require little planning or resources.
1) If it's a guy you are pranking, some bright pink pail polish will definitely boost their self esteem. Wait until they are asleep.
2) Smear shaving cream on someone's hand when they are asleep, then tickle their face.
3) Take a water bottle, unscrew it so that it leaks a little bit of water, and set it in their sleeping bag.
4) If you don't want to waste an entire water bottle on someone, you can simply poke a hole in the top of a water bottle so that it squirts a stream of water when you squeeze it. Then simply squirt a person when you are all sitting around a table. With luck, they won't notice that they are getting wet.
5) If they go to sleep before the rest of the group, you can quietly pull all of the poles out of the tent. It will be very disorienting when they wake up to go to the rest room.
6) Got zip-ties? Take one and zip-tie their tent zippers together. Then they have to beg someone for a knife so they can get out.
7) Are you doing a hike during your campout? Then don't forget to pack your friend's backpack with rocks to give them a little challenge.
8) This prank needs someone who is a little paranoid for it to work. If they have long hair, then keep telling them (before the campout) that they really need to get their haircut, or you just might do it yourself. If you keep reminding them about it, they will be so paranoid that they won't sleep for the entire campout. This works many other ways as well.
For that special person...
Some pranks require you to get special items or other things that aren't really household items. Others require time and a lot of effort to carry out. But when they succeed, it is something that everyone will remember.
1) For this one, you are going to need some portable hair clippers, preferably ones that are quiet. You have to wait until they are soundly asleep, or else they will wake up. At this point, you can shave off any hair that you want. Their eyebrows, their hair, anything.
2) Do you have an iPod with really loud metal music? Wait until they are asleep, place the headphones on their ears, then turn it up as loud as you can. Videotape their reaction.
3) If your entire group wakes up early, ditch the remaining person in camp. If you drove there, move the cars down the road. Make sure to do it quietly so that they don't wake up. Reactions will vary.
4) Bring some dog food next time you go camping, and stick it in some food. Dog food has the ability of being able to look like many different types of food, ranging from beef chunks to chocolate chip bits. Your imagination is the limit.
5) Get some parachute cord and tie their sleeping bag shut. If they are claustrophobic, don't do this, they may destroy their sleeping bag, their tent, then you.
Boy Scout Pranks
If you are apart of a Boy Scout Troop, then I have a few pranks specially made for you. Boy Scouts have a long and rich history of amazing pranks, and here are a few of the best that I have seen.
1) Do you know a scout who is a heavy sleeper? Carefully pick up their sleeping bag and carry it to some remote part of the forest. If you are at a week long camp with other troops close by, you can carry their sleeping bag into another troop. The reaction is priceless.
2) Snipe hunts are great for new scouts who are really gullible. Go for a hike at night, and while you are walking, tell them about snipes. Make up terrifying stories about them, and one by one, have each member of your party disappear into the surrounding landscape. Soon they will be the only one there, alone with a hungry snipe. (Make sure that you stick around so that they don't run into the wilderness and disappear. Safety first.)
3) At week long camps, breakfast begins extra early, so be sure to not wake that heavy sleeper so that they miss breakfast. Sometimes, they will sleep into lunch as well.
4) Many scouts bring portable gaming systems to keep them entertained, and nothing will make that scout more angry than turning on their game and running the batteries out.
5) You know those bungee ties that scoutmasters sometimes use to secure packs and stuff like that to the top of their car? Strap a few of those together and tie them around the outhouse, while they are inside it. Don't forget to let them out.
There Are Many More...
There are literally hundreds of pranks, all limited to your imagination. I tend to look on youtube for pranks that I can try, and many times find out new pranks because they were done to me. If you have a prank that you would like to share with us, please leave it in the comment section below so that we can try it on all of our friends.
I have made a second hub with even more pranks that can be done just about anywhere. Click here to check it out.
A Final Note
While pranks are fun, it can really tear someone down if it is overplayed, so be sure to prank different people at the same. And don't be angry if they get you, because chances are that they will.
Just have fun!